On 15 October, New Zealand's leading washroom solutions provider Flick Hygiene Services will be celebrating Global Handwashing Day 2014.
Global Handwashing Day is dedicated to increasing awareness and understanding about the importance of handwashing with soap as an effective and affordable way to prevent diseases.
According to the organizers of Global Handwashing Day, handwashing with soap is the most effective and inexpensive way to prevent diarrheal and acute respiratory infections, which take the lives of millions of children every year. Together, they are responsible for the majority of all child deaths.
“Effective hand hygiene is a proven method of reducing sickness, absenteeism and loss of productivity. The use of soap and warm water after using washroom facilities is an effective and hygienic solution. Proper hand drying is essential to complete good hand hygiene practice,” said Micheline Hekal, Flick Hygiene’s Sales Manager.
Flick Hygiene Services offers a comprehensive and consistent washroom service program. Flick looks after installation of hardware and ensures regular servicing to maintain a fresh, hygienic washroom.
Global Handwashing Day has provided the following five important facts about handwashing:
1) Handwashing with soap is a “do-it-yourself vaccine” that prevents infections and saves lives
2) Handwashing is a very cost-effective disease prevention solution
3) Everyone can prevent disease and improve health with handwashing
4) Water alone is not enough
5) Critical moments for handwashing are after using the toilet or cleaning a child and before handling food